Attend an information session and campus tour
Advanced registration is required for admission information sessions and campus tours. Please see event registration for full details on each event.
Our 45-minute information session, led by an admission counselor, provides an overview of the University and its six undergraduate schools, student life and the application process and financial aid, with time for a question/answer session at the end.
Most visitors pair their information session with a campus tour. Student-led tours depart from Segal Visitors Center immediately following most information sessions, weather permitting.
In addition to our general information sessions and campus tours, advisers from each of Northwestern's undergraduate schools host weekly information sessions for prospective students. Not only do these sessions help you learn more about the school's areas of expertise, they may help you decide to which undergraduate school you want to apply. While availability of sessions may vary seasonally, school-specific weekday sessions are typically held:
- Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences: Select weekdays at 3:30 p.m.
- School of Communication: Mondays and Fridays at 3:30 p.m.
- School of Education and Social Policy: Daily at 3:30 p.m.
- McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science: Select weekdays at 3:45 p.m.
- Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications: Select Mondays and Fridays at 3:30 p.m.
- Bienen School of Music: Daily at 11:45 a.m.
Please check the registration calendar to confirm session dates, times and availability. Advance registration is strongly encouraged for school-specific programs. Note: school-specific sessions do not include a campus tour. Our campus tours leave the visitor center after each 45-minute general information session.