March 15 (for Fall Entrance) or October 1 (for Winter)Application deadline
Transfer applicants may apply for fall or winter quarter.
The following must be submitted:
- Common Application (additional "Why Northwestern" written response encouraged),
- Official secondary school transcript noting graduation,
- Official university transcript(s),
- College report,
- Academic evaluation,
- Required standardized test scores (plus SAT Subject Test results if available), and
- Nonrefundable application fee of $75.
If you’re admitted, and your family has provided the College Scholarship Service Financial Aid Profile (CSS Profile), you will be notified of your aid decision around the time of your acceptance.
RollingEnrollment decision and tuition deposit
To secure your place in the class, you must submit a nonrefundable tuition deposit following your admission offer.
When to apply?
Transfer applicants may apply to most departments at Northwestern's undergraduate schools for any quarter. Exceptions include the following:
- Medill School of Journalism and the School of Communication's Theatre and Radio/Television/Film departments. Transfers are admitted to these highly competitive departments for the fall quarter only.
- McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science. Applicants for the fall quarter are strongly preferred given the sequence of course offerings in the curriculum.
- The Bienen School of Music. Contact the Bienen School of Music to inquire if a vacancy exists in your performance area. Due to the limited number of openings, transfer applicants are encouraged to audition in January or February during Bienen's published audition dates.
- International transfer students. Transfer students who need a visa to enter the United States must apply for fall quarter admission.