A visit to campus is the best way for you to learn about Northwestern.
The Segal Visitors Center—located at 1841 Sheridan Road; Evanston, Illinois 60208—is open on weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. year-round. September through April, the Visitors Center is also open select Saturday mornings from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Note: All admission interviews are conducted off-campus by Northwestern's regional Alumni Admission Council (AAC) members who live throughout the United States and abroad. Admission interviews are not required and are an optional addition to your application for admission.
Plan your visit
We look forward to welcoming you to campus and answering your questions about living and learning here. While you're here, explore any or all of the following options:
Get an overview
- Information sessions & campus tours \ Most visitors start their visit with this option, which includes an overview of the University by an admissions counselor and a student-led tour of campus. Groups of 10 or more high school students can view availability and submit a request to schedule a large group visit. High school counselors do not need to pre-register and are accommodated on a space-available basis. Please check in at the front desk of the Segal Visitors Center to receive a counselor-specific packet of information.
- School-specific sessions \ Advisers from our six undergraduate schools host weekly information sessions to help you learn about what makes each school distinct.
- Attend a class \ Prospective students can choose from 100+ courses to sample Northwestern's classroom culture.
- Purple preview days \ Current high school seniors can shadow a current Northwestern student on select weekdays during the academic year.
- Campus Events \ See what's happening on campus during your visit, from key academic dates to events such as artistic performances and varsity sports games.