Northwestern is an inclusive and diverse community where students excel individually and collectively.
This is possible in part due to the effores of Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA), which provide quality services and programs that support and enhance the collegiate experience, particularly for students of color. They seek to foster a learning environment that enriches the cultural, educational, professional, and social lives of students, providing opportunities for holistic development.
MSA is also comprised of four different Student Affair groups: African American Student Affairs, Asian/Asian American Student Affairs, Hispanic/Latino Student Affairs, and the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) Resource Center. Some of the services MSA provides include:
- Individual appointments
- Student Group advisement
- Tutoring/academic support
- Cultural, social, professional, and academic programming
- Funding/financial support for student activities
- Meeting rooms, computer labs, free printing/copying
- Outreach across campus and in the community
- On-site faculty/staff office hours
- Summer Academic Workshop (SAW)